Saturday, November 12, 2011

California Trails

California Trails, watercolor, 12x17cm. Available, $ 100.00, US shipping included.
Recently my friend Rose from Florida asked me what to do when you can't decide where to start, what to paint, what medium to use, in other words, when you're stuck. My advice to her, and to myself, because it's easier for me to tell somebody else, but sometimes I need it, too, is this: Paint NOW for 30 minutes, whatever is in front of you, even your own feet (I've done it). Decide this is Watercolor Week, and work only in watercolor for a week. Then change to pastels. Or oils. Or acrylics.  You're the captain of your ship. Tell that lazy sailor of yourself what to do, and you want it done immediately!
California Trails, acuarela, 12x17 cm. Disponible: $100.00, envio dentro de US incluido.
Hace poco mi amiga Rose de Florida me pregunto que hacer cuando uno no se decide por donde empezar, que tecnica emplear, etc. Blanqueo total. Mi aviso para ella, y para mi misma, pues a veces yo me siento igual, es este: Pinta YA durante 30 minutos, lo que este al frente tuyo, aunque sean tus pies (yo lo he hecho). Decide que esta sera la semana de la acuarela, y trabaja solo en acuarela por una semana. Luego cambias a pastel. U oleo. O acrilico. Tu eres el capitan de tu barco. Dile al marinero holgazan que eres lo que hay que hacer, y lo que quieres hecho immediatamente!

No comments:

Post a Comment