Thursday, June 11, 2015

L'ESPLANADE DES OEUFS, watercolor

L'Esplanade des Oeufs, watercolor, 22x28 in. Started on location, plein air, at the center of the town of Cauterets, France. I finished it later, since I needed several layers of watercolor, and had to let it dry in between layers. Also, I used masking fluid to protect the paper for the water jets of the new fountain.

This watercolor was just exhibited at the Montrabé Art Exhibition in Montrabé, France. It is now on its way to the Bibliothéque de Cauterets, France.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Wow. Wow Minnie. I am really fascinated by your work. Brings me back the memory when I used to paint and it was such a joy.

    Here's your new blog friend saying hi from India. My name is Bhagya (Bhags) and if you like you can follow me back at : http://bhagya-s.blogspot.in

    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bhagya, thanks for your comments! Painting is a joy, without any doubt! I forget everything when I am painting. Why did you stop? Why aren't you doing little doodles, small pictures, anything!
      Best wishes,

      Delete