Friday, August 27, 2010

Ingenuite Charmante

Ingenuite Charmante, oil on canvas, 40x50cm. This is the second painting I'm publishing from the show "Chimeres", opening September 1st-October 28th, 2010, at the Bibliotheque Municipale de Cauterets, France. Esta es la segunda pintura que publico de la exhibicion "Quimeras", que abre el 1 de setiembre y va hasta el 28 de octubre, 2010, en la Bibliotheque Municipale de Cauterets, Francia.

My creative process always starts with a strong emotion, the way I see the light hit somebody, or something. When I walk the Pyrenees mountains, around Cauterets and other towns, I often find landscapes that inspire me to make a quick drawing or watercolor, take pictures. Later in my studio I utilize oil, watercolor, pastel, etc. to try to translate my feelings to the canvas or paper. The emotion of the moment always comes first. Mi proceso creativo siempre comienza con una emocion fuerte, la manera que la luz toca a algo o alguien. Cuando camino por las montanas de los Pirineos, alrededor de Cauterets y otros pueblos, a menudo encuentro paisajes que me inspiran a hacer un bosquejo o una acuarela rapida, tomar fotos. Luego en mi estudio utilizo oleo, acuarela, pastel, etc. para tratar de traducir mis sentimientos a la tela o al papel. La emocion del momento siempre viene primero.

No comments:

Post a Comment