Sunday, September 4, 2011

Chloe

Chloe, pastel, 64x45cm. Sold. This painting is in exhibition at the Bibliotheque Municipale de Cauterets, France,  for a few days. Little Chloe posed for me/played with her father, while I took pictures of her. It was a commission from her grandmother. When I showed the painting half-way to her grandmother for approval, I learned that Chloe has a genetic disease. I finished the painting with my heart, more than my fingers, directing the pastel chalks.
Chloe, pastel. Vendida. Esta pintura esta en exhibicion en la Biblioteca Municipal de Cauterets, Francia, por unos dias. La pequena Chloe poso para mi/jugaba con su papa, mientras yo tomaba fotos de ella. Era un pedido/comision de su abuela. Cuando le mostre la pintura a medio terminar a su abuela para aprobacion, aprendi que Chloe tiene una enfermedad genetica. Termine la pintura con mi corazon, mas que mis dedos, dirigiendo los bastoncillos de pastel.

No comments:

Post a Comment