Tuesday, August 11, 2015

MARSEILLE VIEW FROM THE MEDITERRANEAN, watercolor sketch

MARSEILLE, VIEW FROM THE MEDITERRANEAN, watercolor sketch in my sketchbook.

Please click to enlarge. On the right is the entrance to the port of Marseille, and on the left you can see the Cathedral: La Major, in the back ground, and in black le MUCEM, the most incredibly modern museum, inaugurated a few months ago.

I have been asked to write about my inspiration, and the artists that have inspired me. Delacroix and his travel sketchbooks have definitely been an inspiration for mine. I use ink and watercolors for my travel sketchbooks, and have a collection of them, since I started doing this, about 7 years ago. I have published a few as books, two are for sale at the moment: MY THREE LIVES: in Argentina, USA and France.  Also: LOOKING FORWARD, watercolors during my five week cruise to South America. Contact me for details: minnievalero@yahoo.fr 

No comments:

Post a Comment