Saturday, July 17, 2010

Girls Out

Girls Out, oil on canvas, 22x30" (55x75 cm.)Here in Boquete, Panama, it's common to see the Ngwobe-Bugle girls in their typical dresses. One sunny day I was driving along a beautiful tree lined road, when I saw several women and girls coming out of a simple wood house. I was instantly inspired, I loved that vision! Aqui en Boquete, Panama, es comun de ver las mujeres Ngwobe-Bugle en sus vestidos tipicos. Un dia de sol yo iba a lo largo de una calle arbolada muy bonita, cuando vi varias mujeres y ninas salir de una casa de madera muy simple. La inspiracion me flecho, que bella vision aquella!

Maurice de Vlaminck tried to capture the essence of speed. He was fascinated by it. He said: "A painter must be as fascinated by painting as by the world around him/her. I also paint for love of nature, of the subjects, of the landscape." And I add: me, too. Maurice de Vlaminck trato de capturar la esencia de la velocidad. Lo fascinaba. El dijo: "Un pintor debe estar tan fascinado por la pintura como por el mundo a su alrededor. Yo tambien pinto por amor a la naturaleza, del sujeto, y del paisaje." Y yo agrego: yo tambien.

No comments:

Post a Comment