Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Forever

Forever, watercolor, 10x7" (25x18cm.)approx. The day my daughter Evelyn came home from the hospital with my grandson Cassius three years ago, her tender look of love was iluminated by a window nearby. The scene touched me very much. I grabbed my sketchbook and painted "Forever". It was selected for exhibition at the San Diego Watercolor Society in 2007. "Para Siempre", acuarela. El dia que mi hija Evelyn llego del hospital con mi nieto Cassius hace tres anos, su tierna mirada de amor estaba iluminada por una ventana cercana, y la vision me llego al alma. Tome mi cuaderno de acuarelas, y pinte "Forever". Esta pintura fue seleccionada para exhibicion en la San Diego Watercolor Society en 2007.

Suzanne Valadon (1865-1938) is one of my favorite painters. She has good drawings that freeze a moment in life, in movement, filled with intensity. She's Utrillo's mother. Mother and child painters. I find Utrillo's paintings cold and lifeless, while Valadon's have energy and are full of life. Suzanne Valadon es una de mis pintoras favoritas. Ella tiene buenos dibujos que congelan un momento en la vida, en movimiento, llenos de intensidad. Valadon es la madre de Utrillo. Madre e hijo pintores. Yo encuentro la pintura de Utrillo fria y sin vida, mientras que la de Valadon tiene energia y esta llena de vida.

No comments:

Post a Comment