Sunday, February 27, 2011

Paris View

Paris View, watercolor, 12x5" (30x13 cm.) Walking and stopping to paint in Paris is one of my favorite activities in the world. Actually, walking and stopping to paint anywhere, I just enjoy it even more in Paris.
Caminar y detenerme a pintar en Paris es una de mis actividades favoritas. En realidad, caminar y detenerme a pintar en cualquier parte, aunque lo disfruto aun mas en Paris.

I heard on the radio: "Democracy is a process, not an outcome." And I say: Being an artist is a process, not an outcome. I feel successful in having painted almost a picture a day in the past year, in having learned a lot with that experience, and from my artist community. I am very thankful for the opportunity life offers me daily to continue growing and learning. Emile Zola said: "The artist is nothing without the gift. The gift is nothing without the work."
Escuche en la radio: "La democracia es un proceso, no un resultado." Y yo digo: Ser artista es un proceso, no un resultado. Yo me siento exitosa de haber pintado casi una pintura diaria en el pasado ano, en haber aprendido mucho con esa experiencia, y de mi comunidad artistica. Estoy muy agradecida por la oportunidad que la vida me ofrece a diario para continuar creciendo y aprendiendo. Emile Zola dijo: "El artista no es nada sin el talento. El talento no es nada sin el trabajo."

No comments:

Post a Comment