Sunday, April 24, 2011

Burka

Burka, 24x12" (60x30cm.) acrylic on canvas. This painting was very emotional for me. So much so, that I didn't sign it on the front, I couldn't put my name on a woman hiding her body, her face, her emotions, her entire life. I have signed it on the back. It is part of my show  "La Donna e Mobile", which opened yesterday at Petrini's Restaurant, in San Diego, California. 
Esta pintura fue muy emocional para mi. Tanto que no la firme en el frente, no podia poner mi nombre sobre una mujer que esconde su cuerpo, su cara, sus emociones, su vida entera. La he firmado atras. Es parte de mi exhibicion "La Donna e Mobile", que abrio ayer en el Restaurante Petrini, en San Diego, California.

Louise Bourgeois again: She made a book: "L'Ode `a L'Oubli", in 2004, of fabric and lithographs. Somewhere she wrote: "I have three kinds of diaries: the written, the spoken (tape recorder) and my drawing diary, which is the most important. Having these various diaries means that I keep my house in order." And I, Minnie Valero, add: I paint, travel, and keep diaries for my sisters who can't.
Louise Bourgeois otra vez: Ella hizo el libro: "Oda al Olvido", en el 2004, con tela y litografias. Escribio: "Tengo tres clases de diarios: el escrito, el hablado (grabacion) y mi diario de dibujos, el mas importante. Teniendo estos diarios quiere decir que tengo la casa en orden." Y yo, Minnie Valero, agrego: Yo pinto, viajo y mantengo diarios por mis hermanas que no pueden hacerlo.

No comments:

Post a Comment