Tuesday, April 19, 2011

L'Eglise de Cauterets

L'Eglise de Cauterets, quick watercolor in my sketchbook. There is a beautiful organ here, pretty impressive.

 Louise Bourgeois, born in France, lived many years and died in New York, said: "The medium is secondary to me...the wish to say something antedates the material...I'm not saying that materials are not important. I love materials...When you want to say something you consider saying it in different ways, just as a composer would play in different keys, or different instruments." I totally agree with L.B. since I also like to "play" with different media. Some subjects or moments are just more appropriate for a particular material. You're not going to keep a travel sketchbook in oils, but watercolor is fast and easy to travel with.
Louise Bourgeois, nacida en Francia, vivio muchos anos y murio en New York. Dijo: "El medio empleado es secundario para mi...el deseo de decir algo precede la tecnica...No digo que los materiales no sean importantes, me encantan los materiales. Cuando quieres decir algo, consideras decirlo en medios differentes, como un compositor tocaria en distintas claves, o usando distintos instrumentos." Yo estoy totalmente de acuerdo con Louise Bourgeois pues que a mi tambien me gusta "jugar" con distintos materiales. Algunos temas o momentos se prestan mas para ciertos medios. Uno no va a mantener un cuaderno de bosquejos en oleo, por ejemplo. La acuarela es rapida y facil para viajar.

No comments:

Post a Comment