Monday, June 28, 2010

Point Loma Lighthouse over India

Point Loma Lighthouse over India, 18x13" (45x31cm.) mixed media: watercolor and acrylic over a map of India. This painting was part of a series of paintings I did of San Diego, California scenes over maps of different areas of the world. I left small portions of the map to be seen through. Esta pintura es parte de una serie de pinturas que hice de escenas de San Diego, California, sobre mapas de distintas zonas del mundo. Deje pequenas partes del mapa que se vieran a traves de la pintura.
This show, which I called "Caprichos", reflected my passion for travelling and my love of different places. I enjoy being "here" wherever I am, and I'm always ready to go "there", Paris, Istanbul, Hong Kong, or Dakar. I always carry drawing and painting materials and a small watercolor journal with me. When I sit at an airport waiting for my next flight I do quick draws of people walking by or having a drink at the bar. A esta exhibicion la llame "Caprichos", pues reflejaba mi pasion por viajar y mi carino por distintos lugares visitados. Yo disfruto de estar "aqui" donde sea que estoy, y estoy siempre lista para ir "alla", a Paris, Istanbul, Hong Kong, o Dakar. Yo siempre llevo conmigo mis materiales de dibujo y pintura y un pequeno cuaderno de acuarela. Cuando me siento en un aeropuerto a esperar mi proximo vuelo hago bosquejos rapidos de gente caminando o tomando un trago en el bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment