Friday, June 25, 2010

Kuna Stroll

Kuna Stroll, 30x22" (75x55cm.) acrylic paint on Panamenian coffee bag. The Kuna indians live in the San Blas archipielago, near Panama City. The women wear tight bracelets around their arms and legs, which keeps them very thin. Their clothes are quite striking. This is one of the paintings I'm showing at Boquete Studio, in Boquete, Panama. Pintura sobre bolsas de cafe de Panama. Los indios Kuna viven en el archipielago de San Blas, cerca de la capital, Panama. Las mujeres usan pulseras apretadas en los brazos y las piernas, lo que las mantiene muy delgadas. La ropa que usan tiene colores brillantes. Esta es una de mis pinturas en el Boquete Studio, en la ciudad de Boquete, Panama.


Enjoy who you're with, love what you do, use what you have. I arrived in Boquete with my paints, and no canvases, I was going to buy them here. Problem was...no art stores, no canvases to buy. At the same time, I discovered that Boquete, Panama, is home to the best coffee in the world, which is exported everywhere. I decided to experiment painting Panama's people on Panama's coffee bags. I had frames built, and I stretched my own canv....my own coffee bags! After several trials with different techniques, due to the coarseness of the coffee bag, I'm happy with the result. Disfruta de tu compania, ama lo que haces, usa lo que tienes. Yo llegue a Boquete con mis pinturas, pero sin telas, pues habia pensado comprarlas aqui. El problema fue...no habia negocios de arte, ni telas para comprar. A la vez, descubri que Boquete es el hogar del mejor cafe del mundo, el que se exporta a todo el mundo. Decidi experimentar pintando la gente de Panama en bolsas de cafe de Panama. Hice hacer los bastidores, y estire mis propias tel...mis propias bolsas de cafe! Luego de varias pruebas con distintas tecnicas, debido al grosor de las bolsas, ahora estoy contenta con el resultado.

No comments:

Post a Comment