Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pride

Pride, pastel, 16x12" (40x30 cm.) A Ngobe-Bugle mother, walking with her daughters on their Sunday best. She was happy to pose for me. Una madre Ngobe-Bugle, caminando con sus hijas en su mejor dominguero. Estuvo contenta de posar para mi.
Picasso said: "The secret of art is that one does not look for, but finds." And Dali has said: "The painter is not an inspired being, but somebody ready to inspire others". This is what has happened to me here in Panama. I have found these beautiful people, the Noble-Bugle, proud of their heritage, customs, artworks and beliefs. And I just hope that my paintings and stories inspire others. Picasso dijo: "El secreto del arte es que uno no busca, sino encuentra." Y Dali ha dicho: "El pintor no es un ser inspirado, sino alguien que inspira a los demas". Esto es lo que me ha ocurrido aqui en Panama. He encontrado esta hermosa gente, los Noble-Bugle, orgullosos de sus ancestros, constumbres, arte y creencias. Y yo espero que mis pinturas y mis historias inspiren a otros.

No comments:

Post a Comment