Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tango `a Tarbes


Tango `a Tarbes, watercolor, in my 7x9"journal (17x22cm.) This watercolor comes with its own story. Read on:Tango en Tarbes, acuarela. Esta acuarela viene con su propia historia. Leanla:
The city of Tarbes is close to the Pyrenees, in the South of France. They hold a Tango Festival every summer in August. Last year, my husband and I went one evening to Tarbes. We walked around and stopped at this restaurant/bar for a drink. Musicians were playing and singing, people were dancing tango in the streets. While we were having a drink at Le Carrillon, I did this quick watercolor sketch. Two months went by, I had almost forgotten this evening, and had done many watercolor sketches in my notebook. One day in October, I was with a friend in another town in France, when she introduces me to her friend, Roberto. Roberto is amused that I am originally from Argentina, because, he says, he loves tango music. In fact, he tells me he plays the guitar and sings tangos. Actually, he continues, he played at the Tarbes Tango Festival in August, at Le Carrillon. I was quiet for a moment, then dig out my notebook from my purse, and show him this watercolor, done two months before! Roberto is the man with the white hat, I had painted him two months before meeting him. La ciudad de Tarbes esta cerca de los Pirineos, en el sur de Francia. Ellos celebran un Festival de Tango todos los veranos en agosto. El ano pasado, mi esposo y yo fuimos una noche a Tarbes. Caminamos por la ciudad y paramos a tomar algo en este restaurant/bar. Habia musicos y gente bailando en la calle. Mientras tomamos algo alli, llamado Le Carrillon, yo hice esta acuarela en mi cuaderno. Pasaron dos meses, yo casi me habia olvidado de esta noche, y habia pintado muchas acuarelas en mi cuaderno. Un dia en octubre, estaba yo en otra ciudad de Francia con una amiga, y ella me presento a su amigo Roberto. Roberto estaba muy interesado en saber que yo era originalmente de Argentina, porque, segun el, amaba el tango. En realidad, me seguia contando Roberto, el toca la guitarra, canta, y hasta actuo con su grupo en el Festival de Tango de Tarbes dos meses antes, tocando en Le Carrillon. Yo lo mire callada por un momento, saque de mi bolso mi cuaderno de acuarelas, y le mostre esta pintura, hecha dos meses antes! Roberto es el hombre en el sombrero blanco, yo lo habia pintado dos meses antes de conocerlo.

No comments:

Post a Comment