Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cruise

After two weeks in Rome visiting museums, art galleries, and painting everywhere, at the Vatican, the Borghese gallery, the Campidoglio, the Spanish Steps, even in bookstores and waiting for the bus, I left Rome on a cruise ship. On the right is a small watercolor from my journal of the Princess Cruise ship we took in Rome in November 2009. On the left is another watercolor from my journal, with the itinerary we did starting in Rome, then Naples, Palermo in Sicily. We crossed the Mediterranean to Tunis, Tunisia, then along the African coast through the Straight of Gibraltar, down the Atlantic to Casablanca, Morocco, then Dakar, Senegal, and the Islands of Cabo Verde. Five days at sea crossing the Atlantic, and we reached Brazil. The ship entered the Amazon, going up into the river for about 1000 miles (1500 km.) to the city of Manaus. In the next blogs I will share some of my watercolors from my journal of this exciting three week cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment