Sunday, November 14, 2010

So What

So What, pastel, 18x14"(45x35cm.). I painted this boy many years ago, probably 20 or more years ago, and I remember copying the image from some where. What I don't remember and didn't keep a record of, was the origin of the image. The boy's rebel attitude appealed to me. If anybody reading this Blog knows where this image comes from, I'll be thankful if you let me know. You can contact me at my email: minnievalero@yahoo.fr
"So What", pastel. Yo pinte este muchacho hace muchos anos, quizas hace mas de 20 anos, y recuerdo copiar la imagen de alguna parte. Lo que no recuerdo y no guarde el record, fue del origen de la imagen. Me gusto la actitud rebelde del muchacho. Si alguien leyendo este Blog conoce el origen de esta imagen, estaria muy agradecida si me escriben. Me pueden contactar a mi email: minnievalero@yahoo.fr

When I visited the Prado Museum a few days ago, some of the paintings that appealed to me very strongly were: Albert Durer's "Self-portrait", 1498. On the windowsill he has painted: "I painted this according to my figure. I was twenty six years old." and the date and signature.
Another one is Tiziano's "Danae receiving the gold rain", 1553. This sensual Danae is representative of the Venecian concept of beauty, and forms part of Tiziano's group of paintings called "Poems", which he did for the king Felipe II.
Cuando visite el Museo del Prado hace unos dias, algunas de las pinturas que mas me impresionaron fueron: "Al Autorretrato" de Alberto Durero de 1498. En la ventana ha escrito: "Lo pinte de acuerdo a mi figura. Tenia yo veintiseis anos". y lo ha fechado y firmado. Otro que me impresiono fue "Danae recibiendo la lluvia de oro", de Tiziano, 1553. Esta Danae sensual es representativa del concepto veneciano de belleza, y forma parte del grupo de pinturas llamadas "poesias" que Tiziano pinto para el rey Felipe II.

No comments:

Post a Comment