Saturday, January 1, 2011

African Sketchbook

African Sketchbook, pen and ink, 5x7" (13x18 cm.). This first Blog of  the year 2011 I'm talking about a book I've just finished reading: African Sketchbook, by Frederick Franck. In this book, Frederick Franck talks about his trip through different countries in Africa, about 40 years ago. The book, a gift from my friend Frank Kiedaisch, appealed to me first for the lovely sketches, but as I got into his descriptions of the peoples of Africa, I got carried away into the land... A quotation from the book : "Africans are not created equal, as little as we whites are not created equal, although I believe absolutely that all of us--black, white, yellow and green--are created equivalent: of equal human value."
Cuaderno Africano, tinta, pluma, y agua. Este primer Blog del ano 2011 hablare del libro que termino de leer: Cuaderno de Dibujos Africano, por Frederick Franck. En este libro, el autor nos habla de su viaje a traves de distintos paises de Africa, hace 40 anos. Este libro, regalo de mi amigo Frank Kiedaisch, me atrajo primero por los encantadores bosquejos, pero a medida que lo leia, sus descripciones de las gentes de Africa me llevaron a esas tierras. Una citacion del libro: "Los africanos no son creados iguales, como los blancos no son creados iguales, aunque yo creo que todos nosotros, blancos, negros, amarillos y verdes somos creados equivalentes: de un mismo valor humano."

No comments:

Post a Comment