Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Sketchbook Project: page 18

The Sketchbook Project, page 18, acrylic.

Outside: My oldest daughter, Marina, started college. Her independence was just about the corner.
Afuera: Mi hija mayor, Marina, comenzo la universidad. Su independencia estaba a la vuelta de la esquina.

Inside: As my daughters were becoming women, I began to question my own life: is this all? Work, study, work, study...I had started both very young (started working at 15 to pay the rent, while attending school) and was now feeling that I had missed something important in life.
Adentro: A la vez que mis hijas se transformaban en mujeres, yo comenze a cuestionar mi propia vida: es esto todo? Trabajo, estudio, trabajo, estudio...Yo habia comenzado ambos de muy joven (comenze a trabajar a los 15 anos para pagar el alquiler, mientras asistia a la escuela) y ahora me sentia que me habia perdido algo importante en la vida.

No comments:

Post a Comment