Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dig Wayne

Dig Wayne, pastel sketch, 7x5" (18x12.5 cm.) Dig Wayne is an actor. I was having dinner with Dig and the family one night last month, and just did this quick sketch while waiting to be served. He liked it, and is now in his home in Los Angeles. Dig Wayne is actor. Una noche del mes pasado, yo estaba cenando con el y la familia. Hice este bosquejo mientras esperabamos que nos sirvieran la cena. A el le gusto, y esta ahora en su casa en Los Angeles.



"Patience, Planning and Practice" is the best advice I ever got. I've heard about "marinating ideas", I like to think about "digesting ideas", but whatever the expression, it means the same: A good painting requires those three Ps: Patience, Planning and Practice. I practice all the time, and I know that's the reason I've improved in the past few years, lots of practice. I've also learned to plan my paintings better, and to be patient about them. I've wanted patience so badly, I've insisted: "I want my patience right now!"just kidding, I'm still striving to reach those goals, and "patience" is the most difficult for me to obtain. "Tener Paciencia, Planear y Practicar" es el mejor consejo que he tenido. He escuchado "marinar las ideas", pero a mi me gusta la expresion "digerir las ideas", el sentido es el mismo: Una buena pintura requiere esas tres Ps: Paciencia, Planeamiento, y Practica. Yo practico todo el tiempo, y se que esa es la razon que mi trabajo ha mejorado en los ultimos anos, mucha practica. Tambien he aprendido a planear mis pinturas mejor, y a tener paciencia. Tanto he deseado tener paciencia, que he insistido: "Quiero mi paciencia ahora mismo!"bromas aparte, todavia estoy luchando para cumplir esos objetivos, y "paciencia" es el mas dificil para mi.

No comments:

Post a Comment