Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nina

Nina, pastel, 50x40 cm. (20x16") portrait of her daughter, commissioned by Mme. Magda Ferrari, from Tries -sur-Baise, France.


When I was studying in Paris last year, I became a member of the Centre Pompidou, and had the oppportunity to visit often. One exhibit I enjoyed immensely was Alexander Calder's "Les annes Parisiennes 1926-1933". He has said: "I got the first impulse for doing things my way in Paris." Also: "I think best in wire." and "Just as one can compose colors, so can one compose motions."

1 comment:

  1. Me encanto esta pintura de la joven francesa. esta re buena como dicen los jovenes ahora. Quede un rato largo observando la pintura todas me gustan mas ahora que las explicas en español asi entiendo todo Congratulaciones Blanca

    ReplyDelete