Thursday, October 14, 2010

Freedom

Freedom, watercolor on Yupo, 20x25" (50x62cm.) I was inspired to paint horses after my last visit to Argentina in 2008. Mi ultima visita a Argentina en 2008 fue fuente de inspiracion para pintar caballos.

"It takes wit, and interest and energy to be happy. The pursuit of happiness is a great activity. One must be open and alive. It is the greatest feat man has to accomplish and spirits must flow. There must be courage....I find as I go from one land to another seeking "my people" that I have none of that fearful possession known as "patriotism". My love of mankind is individual, not national." Robert Henri, in THE ART SPIRIT.
"Hace falta inteligencia, interes y energia para ser feliz. La busqueda de la felicidad es una gran actividad. Uno debe estar abierto y vivo. Es la obra mas grande que uno puede cumplir y el espiritu debe volcarse. Hace falta corage...Encuentro en mis viajes, yendo de una tierra a otra buscando "mi gente" que no tenge nada de esa posesion miedosa conocida como "patriotismo". Mi amor por la humanidad es individual, no nacional." Robert Henri, en EL ESPIRITU DEL ARTE.

No comments:

Post a Comment