Monday, October 4, 2010

Amber

Amber, pastel sec on Canson paper, 30x23 cm. Amber was playing with water, tea, sugar, flowers, small pieces of paper, while her Grandma Marie-Laure and I chatted. Amber jugaba con agua, te, azucar, flores, pedacitos de papel, mientras su abuela Marie-Laure y yo charlabamos.

Complete freedom often results in chaos. The value of constraints is beautifully expressed by Igor Stravinsky (1882-1971): "My freedom will be so much the greater and more meaningful the narrowly I limit the field of action and the more I surround myself with obstacles. The more constraints one imposes, the more one frees oneself of the chains that shackle the spirit." Igor Stravinsky's Poetics of Music in the Form of Six Lessons. La libertad total resulta en caos El valor de las limitaciones expresado por Stravinsky: "Mi libertad sera mayor y mas significativa cuanto mas limite mi campo de accion y cuanto mas me rodee de obstaculos. Cuanto mas limites uno se impone, mas uno se libera de las cadenas que atan el espiritu." Igor Stravinsky, en Poesias de la Musica en Seis Lecciones.

No comments:

Post a Comment